Sunday, November 28, 2010

Cravings of an ex-canyoner





I'm not a pothead, but I really wouldn't mind the smell at this moment wafting from the next seat over. I need the campfire sending out sparks in the canyon, my legs tucked under me as I listen to the guitar, and a sky spread out over all the earth. Nothing exists but enjoying the moment, tired arms from the river, a full belly, and my negative 20 degree sleeping bag. What's important right now? I don't care about money, about a clean bed, or even nice clothes. I crave the feeling of peace that settles over a tired body from an adventure well-lived. I am disappointed right now in mankind, about some current stresses, but what would hurt even more is if mankind was disappointed in me. Now please pass some campfire and let me live and live to the fullest.

1 comment: